For Pros who want to perfect their knowledge!
This educational course is for those who want to perform the art of being a Barista on the highest level.
After mastering this course you will be equipped with a comprehensive understanding for specialty coffee and professional workflow at your workplace.
Day 1 - Coffee knowledge
- Brief history of the coffee bean
- Bean history and detailed coffee knowledge
- Harvest and processing methods
- Getting to know the coffee machine and grinder with first exercises
Day 2 - Machine knowledge - Latte Art
- Machine knowledge
- Brewing methods and perfect extraction
- Optimal workflow for espresso brewing
- Barista techniques according to international standards
- Milk theory and professional milk foaming
- Latte Art Basics
Day 3 - Roasting - Preparation
- Basics of coffee roasting and test roast of one sort of coffee
- Repetition with deepened espresso brewing and milk foaming
- Coffee recipes
Day 4 - Sensory
- Cleaning and maintenance of machine and grinder
- Workplace management
- Guest service
- Sensory basics and tasting (cupping)
Day 5 - Exam
- Theoretical and practical exam
- Handover of Certificate
Number of people : 4
Duration: 5 days – each 8 hours incl. break
Price: 1.820,- € / person incl. examination fee and certificate
Location: Prater 80 / 1020 Vienna
Registration: latest 7 days before the beginning of the course
Learning is hard, performing is easy.