Roasting coffee is the last but most important step in the refinement of coffee.
In this step we determine taste, smell and all desired aromas we strive for like chocolatey, nutty etc. They are giving the coffee its character and fine frutty acids as well as getting rid of unwanted acids.
In this course you learn how to roast quality coffee, coffee that your customers are going to love because this is the key to success.
You just have to bring the passion - the craft you're going to learn from us.
Day 1 - Coffee knowledge
- Coffee knowledge
- Coffee producing countries and their specific coffees
- Coffee processing
- Knowing the different qualities
- Roasting oven
- Introduction to the technical parts of the machine, equipment and accessories
Day 2 - Hand roasting
- Roasting theory
- Roasting processes
- Sample roasting
- Roasting profiles
Day 3 - Professional roasting
- Whole day roasting on the 15kg roasting oven
Day 4 - Cupping
- Storage and packaging of roasted coffee
Number of people: 4 max.
Duration: 4 days – each 8 hours incl. break
Cost: 1.950,- € / person incl. examination fee and certificate
Registration: latest 14 days before the beginning of the course
Special dates by appointment are possible!